Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Model Year of my Devinci St Torpez?
    Hello!

Anybody know what model year my St Torpez by Devinci is?

Thanks! Thanks
Initial guess would be 2011-2012. Can you take a photo of crankset and drivetrain side?
Autobahn
(06-24-2020, 07:32 PM)G_M Wrote:  Initial guess would be 2011-2012. Can you take a photo of crankset and drivetrain side?

Thanks! Will do... in the meantime I’m having a difficult time sourcing a kickstand. Any suggestions on what kind I need?
(06-24-2020, 04:14 PM)TorontoCyclist Wrote:  Hello!

Anybody know what model year my St Tropez by Devinci is?

Thanks! Thanks

(06-24-2020, 07:32 PM)G_M Wrote:  Initial guess would be 2011-2012. Can you take a photo of crankset and drivetrain side?

I am inclined to agree with G_M for the year. There is a definitive difference between 2011 and those made earlier. If your top tube has a "straight" taper front to rear, I would expect it to be 2010 or earlier (components would get you a more specific date), but if the top tube has a defined diameter reduction about mid tube, then it should be 2011 or newer. You may find date codes on the components that will help get you to within one year of the frame manufacturing date regardless of the frame characteristics if they are original to the bike as sold. A good side profile photo (yes, drive side preferred) would help in the dating of your bike. My best guess, given my perception of the top tube in the photo, is 2011 or newer. Kudos G_M!

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Thank you very much for all of your input and advice.
Cheers

Title says it all... can someone please post a link of the type of kickstand I need for my St Torpez?

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-25-2020, 02:50 PM)TorontoCyclist Wrote:  Thank you very much for all of your input and advice.
Cheers

Title says it all... can someone please post a link of the type of kickstand I need for my St Tropez?

If you go to Amazon, ebay or other online retail sites (there are many options, that's why I'm not posting a link) you will find a slew of chainstay kick stands. most are alloy lightweight and adjustable in height. Price range is about $15-$25 USD, you can probably get it for a little less, and certainly for a lot more. Most of these stands mount on a single chainstay either with a clamp or bolt-on directly if your bike has threaded bosses for that purpose. Some are "dual" mount, and clamp onto the chainstay and seatstay for better support (a heavier unit, probably recommended if you have a rack mounted and are carrying a load regularly); also there are "twin" style that have 2 stands which mount onto the chainstay for better stability/support. I guarantee that the bike shop in your area would have them (possibly a bit higher priced), and also the "big box" retail stores usually have them. I'm just showing photos of examples of the different styles; there are many options within each style. I am not telling you to get any that are shown here specifically; please check reviews! I am sure that some are not made as well as others or will not hold up under certain conditions if used for the wrong purpose/bike frame. Bike shops would more than likely have the higher quality ones (albeit more expensive), and recommend what would be best for your personal needs based on bike use and type/size of frame; also, it would probably be easiest to get a replacement/refund if you had a premature problem with it. As usual; Buyer Beware!

(photo credits: Amazon)
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post