Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

I just love it
This is my bike. My friends thought I made a mistake getting it. I hadn't rode for many years and was having a hard time getting back into the swing. I was told I would never be able to ride this style of bike. The only thing I wasn't sure of is the gears and the breaks. In the past I had a plain old bike no gears and back peddle for breaks. This style of bike was easy for me to get my balance and I got use to the breaks and gears quickly. You couldn't pay me enough to give up my bike now.

[attachment=5130]
[attachment=5131]
Interesting looking commuter. If it gets you riding its good.........
Never Give Up!!!
It's a Revive semi-recumbent bike made by Giant. I use it for riding around the neighborhood mostly. I'm not sure the company makes this style anymore. I think it's a beautiful bike, but that's just my opinion.
That"s a wild looking bike! You love it so that's what matters. Pretty cool though.
Enjoy
Bill
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

(05-24-2014, 12:24 PM)cinvowell Wrote:  This is my bike. My friends thought I made a mistake getting it. I hadn't rode for many years and was having a hard time getting back into the swing. I was told I would never be able to ride this style of bike. The only thing I wasn't sure of is the gears and the breaks. In the past I had a plain old bike no gears and back peddle for breaks. This style of bike was easy for me to get my balance and I got use to the breaks and gears quickly. You couldn't pay me enough to give up my bike now.

i am in the process of looking at the Revive LX, 21 speed. Given these bikes have not been made for several years, have you had any issues with repairs, parts, etc? I rpde a friend's Revive and loved it. I have very severe degeneration in my lower back and have been forced to sell my road bike and hybrid as a result.
Giant is a reputable bike making firm that has been producing high quality bicycles for several decades. I would purchase a Giant that suited me without reservation.

Why are you breaking your brakes? Brakes stop things. Breaking things results in lack of function and/or more pieces than there should be.

The style is similar to many bikes that I have seen in Dong Guan, China. But much nicer than most. Rear suspension on small wheeled bikes is very common.

It is great that you found a bike that you are comfortable with Smile
Nigel
In case you missed Nigel's wry reference: BRAKES are what stop you, breaks are what happen to your bones if the brakes don't work. Peddling is what the dealer did to get you to buy the bike, PEDALING is what you did to ride it away.
(06-11-2014, 07:19 PM)luvmygo7 Wrote:  i am in the process of looking at the Revive LX, 21 speed. Given these bikes have not been made for several years, have you had any issues with repairs, parts, etc? I rpde a friend's Revive and loved it. I have very severe degeneration in my lower back and have been forced to sell my road bike and hybrid as a result.

I bought mine from a neighbor who repairs stuff like this and resells it. He had 2, this one and a grey one that was bigger. I just wish I had the money, I would have bought both. He's since sold the other. there's 3 things that makes it perfect for me. The seat has a back making it easier to relax on it, the way the seat adjusts - it's not just up and down but the lower you go the closer to the handles. I'm short and with regular bikes I can't adjust the seat far enough down without cutting off part of the shaft the seat pole slides into and the handle bars were always to far away for comfort. The third reason is the pedals are out away from you so the angle is comfortable for my knees, ankles and hips. The handle bars adjust up, down, back and forth also. My best advice is find one and ride it. not everyone is comfortable on them. I'm 5' tall and the smaller red is perfect for me but if you're tall look for the bigger grey one.
(06-11-2014, 08:03 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  Why are you breaking your brakes? Brakes stop things. Breaking things results in lack of function and/or more pieces than there should be.
I think you misunderstand. I'm not breaking the brakes. The old bikes I was use to didn't have hand breaks. To break you had to back pedal and the gear would lock bringing the back wheel to a stop. How fast a stop depended on how hard you back pedaled. Also, they were single speed bikes. This is a 8 speed bike and when I back pedal the pedals just spin. I think I like the multi-speed bikes better then the single speed bikes.