Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Where to buy wheel
Hi everybody! I got a Christmas gift of a Walmart Mongoose (maybe xr200 or something) 2 years ago. I never rode it due to an MX accident but I'm back to normal and wouldn't mind tooling around the neighborhood on it every now and then. Well, I let my neighbor's kid borrow it for a ride and he blew the tire while putting air in it which trashed the front wheel also. Now he's got to get me a new wheel/tire but I have no clue on where to get replacement parts for these fine pieces of walmart quality. If anyone can direct me to a website to acquire said parts I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!
I purchased most of my bike parts from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/

what size wheel/tire do you need? On the tire look for some numbers like 47-559 and let us know, and we can make specific suggestions. A picture would be great too. Does the bike have disc or rim brakes?
Nigel
(06-28-2011, 09:57 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  what size wheel/tire do you need? On the tire look for some numbers like 47-559 and let us know, and we can make specific suggestions. A picture would be great too. Does the bike have disc or rim brakes?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mongoose-26-XR-200-Bike/10660673

This is the bike I have. I'll check on the numbers. The bike is still in the neighbor's garage. Thanks for the help!
http://www.amazon.com/Avenir-Joytec-Weinmann-Front-26-Inch/dp/B003RLDSX0/

is probably a good choice.

Not that the brake disc is held on by six bolts, make sure that you present wheel also uses six bolts to attach the brake disc.
Nigel
check your local walmart, they usually have an assembler there once a week or so and he can order another one for you. How did it screw the wheel up?
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(06-30-2011, 05:55 PM)painkiller Wrote:  check your local walmart, they usually have an assembler there once a week or so and he can order another one for you. How did it screw the wheel up?

He said he was adding air to the tire and the tire blew and bent the wheel. Keep in mind this is a 15 year old kid so anything is possible.