Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Wellgo Pedals
I just installed Wellgo R110 pedals on my bike. They are nice looking and very light.

However one of them is still stiff after a 20 mile ride. It only does one rotation when tapped. I am used to pedals spinning like a pinwheel.

Is this normal for new pedals? Will it break in eventually?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190412084312&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WXS%3F&GUID=a92fd4f01280a040b0e7cd57ffcac66d&itemid=190412084312&ff4=263602_263622
Never Give Up!!!
Have not found to much on Wellgo pedals, but found some reviews of the MKS pedals and seems its not unusual for bearings to be tight for a while . The MKS can be rebuild and reset. They aint campys.
Never Give Up!!!
I've got a set of Welgo pedals on one of my bikes. It may be that the bearing is a little tight on one of yours and I'm not sure whether they can be adjusted.

Bear in mind that they are sealed, and seals always add a little bit of friction, so they won't spin like older un-sealed pedals. You don't notice it much on wheels, unless you try turning the axles rather than spinning the wheel itself, due to the wheels momentum, but on a pedal the extra friction is noticeable if you see what I mean.

In any case, given their low cost I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mine have lasted well, two years in all weathers with no maintenance and they are as smooth as the day I bought them.
If you prize out the black end cap there should be a nut which locks down onto a washer and cone.
Slacken the locknut to adjust the cone and then re-tighten.
Can be quite fiddly to get just right.
I'll leave it up to you to decide if you want to give it a go.
Ride hard or ride home alone!
Thanks for the info cycler UK and Xerxes UK, Ye I like the sculpted minimalist look of the Wellgo R110 pedals they are also very light at 107g each. Since I added some equipment to the bike I wanted to keep it as light as possible. It started out at 24.6 with the added heavy Look pedals, so the listed weight of 24.2 is real. Nice.

With a rack (20oz) and pouch full of tools and some first aid, and light Wellgo pedals its at 27lbs ready to roll.

I looked at the end cap when I first got the pedals (great minds think alike :-)) . taking it off would scar it. Not sure if there is anything to adjust unlike the MKS pedals which are rebuildable. However I got twenty year old non rebuildable pedals that still work good so its not a major issue.

I think these are pressed pedals so I do not think they can be adjusted. They work OK.

This photo still shows the Look pedals which are very nice and smooth for clips, but weigh 14oz, I cut that almost in half with the Wellgo. The bars were reversed and work great with the original brakes. Like a vintage triathlon bike.
Never Give Up!!!