Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Bike Lockups/Bike Storage
Hi

House extension has now been approved so the Garage is on its way down (by by little bike workshop). I need a secure store for 4 bikes .. but I don't want to spend millions of ££££s

Winstanley Bikes sell asgard bike stores, also available on http://www.asgardsss.co.uk not strictly as cheap as I would like , but I have been "TOLD" that I can't keep the bikes in the house and I am unsure about leaving bikes out in the open from theft and maintenance point of view.... Any thoughts anyone???

Ta
Is there no room for a "bicycle cupboard" in the new extension?

I wouldn't want to leave a bicycle outside, out of sight and out of the rain is best. I imagine an ordinary garden shed would be cheaper than the Asgard sheds, you could always use a hefty ground anchor and chain to secure the bikes inside it, fit a cheap alarm etc.

There are some fairly creative storage methods and ideas out there:

http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=bicycle&_sacat=43505&_dmpt=UK_Storage&_odkw=&_osacat=43505&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1311

http://www.ezrshelving.com/products/article/210/776
(06-15-2010, 07:35 AM)mcfchris Wrote:  Hi

House extension has now been approved so the Garage is on its way down (by by little bike workshop). I need a secure store for 4 bikes .. but I don't want to spend millions of ££££s

Winstanley Bikes sell asgard bike stores, also available on http://www.asgardsss.co.uk not strictly as cheap as I would like , but I have been "TOLD" that I can't keep the bikes in the house and I am unsure about leaving bikes out in the open from theft and maintenance point of view.... Any thoughts anyone???

Ta

Yeah I got one a while back - I keep my best bike in the house as well. Though I keep all my spares and frame bits in the Asgard outside. Seems secure enough - in fact I think all my bike bits in it probably cost more than the bike that is in the house. Tip:

www.asgardsss.co.uk have an ebay store called metalgardenshedco. They sell the same bike sheds but under a different brand name at about 20% off - check the address and contact numbers on both - they are the same company ;O) That is where I got mine from
cycling since 4 years old and never looked back!
id go for the asgardsss with the lift up roof m8 .... the other one with the opening doors have been rated ***** but i dont like the look of the lock system IMO ... the lift up roof has very good padlock shields to stop them being attacked and offers the best access for putting stuff in without being child sized Smile

Boardman Team Road/Race Bike

Felt 620 MTB

Yes this is a good option in the budget. But many companies across United Kingdom and United States are manufacturing large smart lockers for bicycles and e-Bikes. These lockers are enough large that they can provide storage for 5 to 10 e-Bikes. Also, these smart lockers have a touch display to operate it. I don't know the size exactly, but according to my knowledge they use 21.5 Inch Touch Screen Monitor in this type of lockers.
So, if you have a good budget and looking for a smart solution I would recommend you to but them.
Teresa Oliver
Bike Rider / Content Writer
Favorite: Trek Bikes