Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Little known bike spots
Wanted to starts thread of cool but little known bike spots. You know those awesome spots you just find by talking to some dude at a bar or make friends with a bike shop employee and they show it to you, etc. I’ll start with a few I know

1. The baldy downhill trails In Breckinridge CO you can take the free bus up baldy to the top with your bike and ride down some pretty awesome downhill trails. The top half isn’t kept up very well but has some pretty fun ladder drops, hips, etc. then he bottom half pretty well maintained and has a jump line with nice berms etc. as well as a green kind of run and a rocky downhill part if I remember right

2. In la Serena chile there’s a huge bike park with cracked jumps and trails. I never rode these but was working down there and someone told me about them so I checked them out one day (didn’t have a bike but probably wouldn’t of hit them anyways as most of the jumps there were huge). Attached a photo with two people in the right of the photo for scale.

3. Teton pass trails (these are pretty well known) on Teton pass in Jackson hole they have awesome downhill trails that you can drive up the pass by car/truck and ride down by bike. Well known but extremely fun so had to include them

Attached Files Image(s)

In Las Vegas, NV we have some great places to ride your bicycle. Red Rock Scenic Loop & Ride through the canyon. Then on the east side of the Vegas Valley there is a 32 mile River Mountain Loop Trail. A wonderful side excursion while doing the River Mountain Loop Trail is to cycle down and across Hoover Dam.

For Mountain Bikes: https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8011751/las-vegas-metro
(02-25-2023, 03:20 PM)JR Namida Wrote:  In Las Vegas, NV we have some great places to ride your bicycle. Red Rock Scenic Loop & Ride through the canyon. Then on the east side of the Vegas Valley there is a 32 mile River Mountain Loop Trail. A wonderful side excursion while doing the River Mountain Loop Trail is to cycle down and across Hoover Dam.

For Mountain Bikes: https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8011751/las-vegas-metro

Alright that sounds like a good time, I’ll have to check out the river mountain loop trail if I’m ever down in Vegas