Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What's up guys!
Thumbs Up 
Hello! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the community here at BikeRide.com.

My name is Scott, I live on the West Coast of B.C in Canada on the Sunshine Coast. I've been biking-obsessed for as long as I remember and growing up in sync with the progression of mountain biking on the west coast I've been focused on everything MTB related since. I especially love riding trail, enduro and downhill and spend a ton of time on our local trails here riding and exploring. As a videographer and photographer professionally I have linked my passion and profession together and working with BikeRide I am super stoked to be able to bring you some new content!

BikeRide.com has started to produce its own in-house bike reviews, and I feel fortunate to get to review and produce these videos for you all! With so many awesome bikes on the market today I want to bring unbiased information on what potential buyers can expect from a new bike. I want everyone to get out and enjoy the ride, and having the right bike is one important step.

I will be posting here on the Forums to get feedback and ideas from the community for these videos and written reviews, so please feel free to send me a message and tell me what is important for you to hear about!

I'm excited to be here, and I hope to bring a lot of fun content and valuable insight.
Enjoy the Ride!
Scott
Hi Scott and cheers from Colorado!
Great to hear about BikeRide expanding its expertise. Should we be expecting reviews of all bike types?

p.s.
What's the best DH trail in your area?
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
greetings from a Santa Cruz Hightower owner!
(12-13-2022, 04:31 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Hi Scott and cheers from Colorado!
Great to hear about BikeRide expanding its expertise. Should we be expecting reviews of all bike types?

p.s.
What's the best DH trail in your area?

Hey Sagan97 thanks for the welcome!

You can expect all kinds of bike reviews in the future, right now we have a lineup of different e-bike reviews that will be coming out over the next couple of months. We have some other awesome brands in the works right now as well so stay tuned for some traditional person-powered bikes in the near future.

As for the best DH trail, that's a very tough question for this area but here are a couple of my favs on the Coast (I'm not even going to start on the North Shore riding or Squamish):
- Mach Chicken: its a fast and fun flowy downhill trail that has some serious Strava times in the leaderboards, this is a Sunshine Coast classic and a trail I ride frequently
- Upper Tube: Big Berms and a fast flow its a great blue in my area
- I love everything in the Sproc Kids park in Gibsons especially: Dougs Detention, Fuzzy Hugs, and Pineapple Express

Oh! Pretty cool, this insane trials trail built for Norco's Ryan Leech is in my riding area, it's pretty much a museum now but there is a flow trail running by it named "progression" lots of fun. This is the video of it in its prime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K3w7zfyrL0
Enjoy the Ride!
Scott
(12-14-2022, 03:40 PM)JoJoJo Wrote:  greetings from a Santa Cruz Hightower owner!

Hard not to love a Hightower! I've always been a fan of Santa Cruz they are gorgeous.

My personal ride is a Norco Range A1, it's kind of cool because they are a local company from my home area Vancouver so a lot of testing and development is done on trails I end up taking the bike on, kind of full circle from creator to rider!
Enjoy the Ride!
Scott
Hi Scott!

Welcome aboard. I look forward to see your reviews/videos.

I'm from Windsor, Ontario, and always cast an envious eye in the direction of the BC coast.

Cheers!
Nick
(12-19-2022, 12:25 PM)enkei Wrote:  Hi Scott!

Welcome aboard. I look forward to see your reviews/videos.

I'm from Windsor, Ontario, and always cast an envious eye in the direction of the BC coast.

Cheers!
Nick

Hey Nick thanks for the welcome! I have family from Brampton, Ontario, so I understand both sides haha we are getting a slice of an eastern winter this year though! -5 and a lot of snow currently. Although I do see rain in the forecast though so it won't be that long before the bikes are back in the mud.

More reviews coming so keep an eye out!
Enjoy the Ride!
Scott
(12-09-2022, 03:02 PM)BRScott Wrote:  Hello! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the community here at BikeRide.com.

My name is Scott, I live on the West Coast of B.C in Canada on the Sunshine Coast. I've been biking-obsessed for as long as I remember and growing up in sync with the progression of mountain biking on the west coast I've been focused on everything MTB related since. I especially love riding trail, enduro and downhill and spend a ton of time on our local trails here riding and exploring. As a videographer and photographer professionally I have linked my passion and profession together and working with BikeRide I am super stoked to be able to bring you some new content!

BikeRide.com has started to produce its own in-house bike reviews, and I feel fortunate to get to review and produce these videos for you all! With so many awesome bikes on the market today I want to bring unbiased information on what potential buyers can expect from a new bike. I want everyone to get out and enjoy the ride, and having the right bike is one important step.

I will be posting here on the Forums to get feedback and ideas from the community for these videos and written reviews, so please feel free to send me a message and tell me what is important for you to hear about!

I'm excited to be here, and I hope to bring a lot of fun content and valuable insight.

Welcome to Bikeride.com forum Scott! looking forward to what you can share to us here
(12-23-2022, 04:31 AM)meamoantonio Wrote:  
(12-09-2022, 03:02 PM)BRScott Wrote:  Hello! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the community here at BikeRide.com.

Welcome to Bikeride.com forum Scott! looking forward to what you can share to us here

Thanks meamoantonio! I'm super stoked to be here and looking forward to the bikes we will be reviewing. Stay tuned because there are some cool ones coming up!
Enjoy the Ride!
Scott

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-24-2020, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Jesper