Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Fell in 💙 w/this bike- need info on it to fix brakes
Question 
Hello,
New to the group and signed up to find out more about this sweet bike I was given. Rides pretty well, brakes on pedal don’t work but I’m sure we can fix that with more info on the bike itself. Three decals- one Sears Roebuck, BMA/6 certified, and and orange triangle type one. Could anybody help me out with the history and age of this bicycle? I’d like to know it’s history- thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-23-2021, 05:55 PM)ApDc Wrote:  Hello,
New to the group and signed up to find out more about this sweet bike I was given. Rides pretty well, brakes on pedal don’t work but I’m sure we can fix that with more info on the bike itself. Three decals- one Sears Roebuck, BMA/6 certified, and and orange triangle type one. Could anybody help me out with the history and age of this bicycle? I’d like to know it’s history- thanks!

The bike is fairly common, but a solid ride that when in proper working order should be just fine as a commuter/cruiser. Rear brake is not difficult to overhaul, and parts are still available at a reasonable price. I would not put too much into it other than to get it running safely; maybe a saddle that fits your needs and whatever tires you want for your type of terrain/riding. I don't know much about the serial number. Sears didn't make bikes, and they used many manufacturers through the years. Try checking out THE CABE website.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Thank you very much! Appreciate it!
(10-27-2021, 03:09 PM)ApDc Wrote:  Thank you very much! Appreciate it!

I think you can find a serial number database that should help you identify the manufacturer (Murray?), and year (70s?). Decal style may also help when compared to other examples.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...