Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Opinions on Bergamont bikes?
Hi! In the next few weeks I'll move permanently to Germany from Spain and I want to get a bike for commuting to work. I've been looking some "retro" bikes and I instantly fell in love with the Bergamont Summerville collection. My biggest concern is that I haven't found any single review about them except some videos in Russian.

My choice (if I finally get Bergamont) is between those two:

https://www.bergamont.com/es/es/product/bergamont-summerville-n7-fh-gent?article=281044056

https://www.fahrrad-xxl.de/bergamont-summerville-n7-cb-x0049344

Could you please help me and determine if those bikes are worth the money or they are just pretty?

Thank you so much for your help!
Hi @haustlauv!
Must be an exciting step moving to Germany. Which city?
Bergamont is a solid local bike brand from Hamburg, St Pauli area. They have a very cool football club too in St Pauli, with a very fierce supporter club. What's the price for Summerville N7 Gent? And are you looking for men's frame or low-entry?
"Carbon is faster"
(05-26-2021, 11:37 AM)Nikko Wrote:  Hi @haustlauv!
Must be an exciting step moving to Germany. Which city?
Bergamont is a solid local bike brand from Hamburg, St Pauli area. They have a very cool football club too in St Pauli, with a very fierce supporter club. What's the price for Summerville N7 Gent? And are you looking for men's frame or low-entry?

Hi Nikko!

It's a quite exciting moving indeed! I'm moving from Madrid to Darmstadt, near Frankfurt am Main.

I know St. Pauli FC for their political views regarding social justice etc., didn't know that Bergamont hails from there! even better :-)

The price for the N7 Gent is 750€. I don't mind men's frame or low entry, I like both (although I must admit that the men's frame looks cooler for me).

Regarding the technical specifications, are they worth the money or are they just cool looking? I'm really new to the biking world and I don't want to get scammed.

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,
Adrián
Hello!
As Nikko already pointed out Bergamont is a solid German bike brand. They have not pushed much outside Germany (I think), not as much as Cube, Corratec, Trek, etc. In a few countries where I've noticed Bergamont's presence, their bikes are sold/marketed by respectable distributors.

Your specific N7 Gent model looks really nice and classy, has 6061 frame, steel fork and Nexus 7 speed hub which means lower maintenance. Specs are good; I personally would try to get a bike like this way under 700eur but that's just me. Definitely no scamming here though.
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)