Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Simpson's Sears Banana Bike (Looking for information)
Photo 
Looking for information about a pre 1978 Simpson's Sears Banana Bike. 20" tires, convertible male/female crossbar, single speed, "Pegasus" emblem?

Been having a difficult time finding much information about this model. Was hoping this forum could help shed some light.

I hope I'm posting this and the pictures correctly
[quote='BENICHOLS89' pid='40120' dateline='1604460986']
Looking for information about a pre 1978 Simpson's Sears Banana Bike. 20" tires, convertible male/female crossbar, single speed, "Pegasus" emblem?

Been having a difficult time finding much information about this model. Was hoping this forum could help shed some light.

Your bike is most likely of CCM (Canada Cycle and Motor Co.) manufacture since Simpsons was a Canadian Department store that at some point partnered with Sears. Neither Simpsons or Sears manufactured bikes, but just rebranded bikes with their name.
That bike is rather odd with the "convertible tank bar". Seems like an odd design for a 70's bike so I'm thinking 60's vintage. I have not seen one like it. Seeing the local registration decals (do you live in Nova Scotia?) on it will at least give you an idea as to its latest age by whatever decal has the earliest year. Were those decals big enough?! A couple more years and the frame would be white. Good luck on the research, not the style of bike I know much about. I would recommend trying to find copies online, or library, etc. of old Simpsons-Sears catalogues and go through years starting around 1960 onwards and see if you can match that model type; I do not know if USA Sears sold the same bikes so the USA Sears catalogs may not help. I don't think, based on the quality level of the bike, that it has much value, but it may have value as an oddity since it would seem that not many were made, or even if made in vast quantities not many survived.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Thank you so much for the reply, the catalogue avenue will have to be my next effort.

Im working on getting it "restored", but most likely just "refurbished". It's a good side hobby right now : ))

Possibly Related Threads...