Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

frame choices
Hi y´all, I am trying to build up a steel bike frame and I don´t know which one to go with, I will most likely be building it up with i9 wheels, Chris King, and paul components, but I am still trying to decide on the frame.
I am deciding between three choices right now, Ritchey road link, Ritchey break-away, and the Cinelli Vigorelli frame. I ride a Scott addict 20 right now and it's just too small for me. I love how it feels because it'is a good blend of smooth on the road, but also snappy when it comes to accelerating and turning.
If you guys have any advice it would be much appreciated!!!
"Steel is real."
- IDK, some guy.
(09-21-2020, 10:08 AM)ChaseCal Wrote:  Hi y´all, I am trying to build up a steel bike frame and I don´t know which one to go with, I will most likely be building it up with i9 wheels, Chris King, and paul components, but I am still trying to decide on the frame.
I am deciding between three choices right now, Ritchey road link, Ritchey break-away, and the Cinelli Vigorelli frame. I ride a Scott addict 20 right now and it's just too small for me. I love how it feels because it'is a good blend of smooth on the road, but also snappy when it comes to accelerating and turning.
If you guys have any advice it would be much appreciated!!!

Hi Chase. How is this project going?
I would have chosen Cinelli frame.
"Carbon is faster"
Hi Chase. How is this project going?
I would have chosen Cinelli frame.
[/quote]

@Nikko Got the Cinelli frame. so far I've built it up with mostly parts on hand. But I have some good stuff on there, and some more on order.
Sram Force 1 crankset with an absolute black 44T oval chainring, (might go to 48T, not sure)
Full Sram rival Groupset
TRP HY/RD rear brake
some crappy tektro front I jerry-rigged to make it work again
I built a front and rear wheel with hope hubs and unbranded rims I had laying around
Chris King BB and Headset

So pretty decent, but it must get better!!!!
I ordered the following because I want this bike to be cool asf.
I9 AR25 TRA purple/turquoise coloring
Paul Components Flat Mount Klamper (purple) x2
full Sram Force 1 mechanical groupset

I've got some work to do, but it should look cool.

"Steel is real."
- IDK, some guy.
Looks quite promising already! The frame paint is very pleasing to me.
Is that Brooks saddle?
What are you plans with this Cinelli? Pleasure rides, commuting?
"Carbon is faster"
@Nikko, It most certainly is. Probably the most comfortable saddles I have ever tried.
For the moment it is my road bike, I may get some guards for the downtube to protect it and put some wider ties on for gravel as well.
I plan on it being my commuter bike in college though. I don't love the idea of bringing a really nice bike, so when I do go back I'm probably going to re-spec it out with Sram Rival or something cheaper, putting these wheels back on, and mediocre brakes so if something happens to it it won't be that big of a deal.
I just finished enough to ride it though finally, with a full force groupset. Still waiting on Paul and i9 stuff though. so far I'm loving it, it's not super light, but it's just under 20 pounds so it's not HEAVY, but it rides great.
"Steel is real."
- IDK, some guy.
Sounds sweet!
Oh yes, Brooks is the real deal. Is this particular one B15 or other model?
"Carbon is faster"
Yup, B15 swallow for this bike. All of my bikes have Brooks saddles on them now, they are just too comfortable.
"Steel is real."
- IDK, some guy.
Aw yeah, B15 is a nice one!
Which one is Brook's most comfortable in your books?
"Carbon is faster"
(11-16-2020, 11:14 PM)ChaseCal Wrote:  Yup, B15 swallow for this bike. All of my bikes have Brooks saddles on them now, they are just too comfortable.

You gotta love the Brooks!
Focus Mares AL 105