Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

LOOK 247/PP 247 pedals
I went on eBay and found a great deal on my first clipless system. The listing came with LOOK pedals with 247 on the sides. I cannot find anything on the internet about these pedals. I was wondering if anyone used or knows any information about these pedals.
Hello.
These ones? Look PP247
Autobahn
(09-07-2020, 12:42 AM)dmc Wrote:  I went on eBay and found a great deal on my first clipless system. The listing came with LOOK pedals with 247 on the sides. I cannot find anything on the internet about these pedals. I was wondering if anyone used or knows any information about these pedals.

I have used the PP75 Professional model for over 30 years without issues. That PP247 takes the delta cleat which was used on LOOK pedals for about 20 years. I have also used many variants of LOOKs , both LOOK branded and Shimano, Wellgo, and Mavic branded models as well. They are not the lightest, but perform without problem, I have heard about "creaking" LOOKS pedals before, but I generally have not had that issue when shoe and pedal are properly set up; it might also have to do with riding style/pedalling style that causes this noise. In general, I have nothing ill to say of LOOK pedals; but be advised that these older pedals (1990s ?) are available at very low prices and you may be able to find the newer Keo/Keo II pedals at a reasonable price. I regularly buy LOOK pedals of this and earlier vintage for $5-$15 a pair in very good condition (the bearings are usually great!). You should not be paying over $25 for a pair of these pedals; ebay is way over priced when it comes to sales of these style pedals. Cleats are still readily available and generally run about $10 a pair. I use LOOK pedals on every bike I ride (dozens) and the only real difference other than weight is the tension and float adjustments which available on different models through the years. I cannot vouch for the performance of the Keo/Keo II models since I have never ridden them.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS