Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Hello from south west Florida :)
Heart 
Hello ya'll, my name is Taylor. I am 25 years old and just moved back to Sarasota, Florida from the Bay Area in California. I've recently been cruising a vintage Gran Tourer Fuji that I now have taken completely apart. Looking to modernize it a bit due to some things that have gone bad but I love it's sturdiness and feel! I'll post soon asking for advice! I also ride a very nice Masi 18 speed that I ordered while living in the city. It's greatly equipped for my needs. I am excited to join the forums with you all and chat, thanks so much!

Respectfully,
Taylor Alcorn
b-(^_^ )z
Welcome!
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
(06-04-2020, 06:15 PM)Taylor Alcorn Wrote:  Hello ya'll, my name is Taylor. I am 25 years old and just moved back to Sarasota, Florida from the Bay Area in California. I've recently been cruising a vintage Gran Tourer Fuji that I now have taken completely apart. Looking to modernize it a bit due to some things that have gone bad but I love it's sturdiness and feel! I'll post soon asking for advice! I also ride a very nice Masi 18 speed that I ordered while living in the city. It's greatly equipped for my needs. I am excited to join the forums with you all and chat, thanks so much!

Respectfully,
Taylor Alcorn
b-(^_^ )z

WELCOME TAYLOR!

I'm on the opposite side/end of FL, northeast. I also have an old Japanese tourer newly built-up with a mix of parts ('80 Nishiki GranTour15). I head down your way occasionally for some parts and what not. Beware the Hurricanes! Not something you'll get in Cali too often I imagine.

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Quote:WELCOME TAYLOR!

I'm on the opposite side/end of FL, northeast. I also have an old Japanese tourer newly built-up with a mix of parts ('80 Nishiki GranTour15). I head down your way occasionally for some parts and what not. Beware the Hurricanes! Not something you'll get in Cali too often I imagine.

Take care,
Jesper

Ahh, fellow Floridian! That's a very sweet ride // I had to google it Big Grin

I am wanting to get the ball rolling faster on this project I'm on rn with this Fuji Tourer, but it's my first ever bike dive and a bit overwhelming at that. I sure picked a good one Undecided . Going to post soon with specs and see what advice I might get. Been reading things on the Sheldon Brown site about replacing vintage parts for modern parts and it seems like a headache. Not sure I want to sink much money into it knowing it's an entry level bike. I just like the feel and it was my dads. Plus I like the idea of what I imagine it to look like when it's done.

You got a mix of parts on your Nishiki, how'd that go for you? Did you modernize the shifters or keep the vintage downtube shifters? Where did you go for parts down here? Any shops to suggest down this way?

Taylor

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-15-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: meamoantonio

11-06-2023, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Maelochs

01-08-2023, 05:43 AM