Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Back on two wheels....
Hello all,

My names Chris I’m 44 from Export, PA. I rode BMX and freestyle in my younger days and then drifted away from riding for one reason or another.

Now I’m getting back in to riding after a very long time away from it.

I’m riding a Mongoose Excursion 27.5, all street and paved trails currently. I have to admit I’m having a hard time getting the shifting thing down. Single gear riders what up!!

Planing on buying a new bike for this summer and getting after it once C19 restrictions are lifted. Right now my short list of bikes is being topped by the Verde Vario 650b. I’d love to hear anyone experiences with Verde bikes.

Thanks and I can’t wait to hear from everyone!

Chris
Welcome, Chris! Greetings from the Colorful Colorado.
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
(04-14-2020, 05:12 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Welcome, Chris! Greetings from the Colorful Colorado.

Thank you! Colorado is awesome, only I’ve really spent time in Colorado Springs. But it was great!
welcome to Bikeride!

i did not know that Verde makes anything else besides BMX
(04-15-2020, 07:49 PM)JoJoJo Wrote:  welcome to Bikeride!

i did not know that Verde makes anything else besides BMX

Thank you for the welcome!

Yep their Vario 650B is their cruising bike, 27.5 wheels, coaster break on an aluminum urban bike style frame. I was stoked the first moment I laid eyes on it.
Welcome to the forum!
It is a damn good feeling of being back on two wheels, isn't it?

See you around!
Autobahn
What up! #singlespeed
(04-14-2020, 08:20 AM)Chris S Wrote:  Hello all,

My names Chris I’m 44 from Export, PA. I rode BMX and freestyle in my younger days and then drifted away from riding for one reason or another.

Now I’m getting back in to riding after a very long time away from it.

I’m riding a Mongoose Excursion 27.5, all street and paved trails currently. I have to admit I’m having a hard time getting the shifting thing down. Single gear riders what up!!

Planing on buying a new bike for this summer and getting after it once C19 restrictions are lifted. Right now my short list of bikes is being topped by the Verde Vario 650b. I’d love to hear anyone experiences with Verde bikes.

Thanks and I can’t wait to hear from everyone!

Chris

Welcome Chris! I can't help you much on the modern single speed side of things, I am certainly not familiar with the Verde bicycle line-up. I've never been out near the Pittsburgh area, spent some time tour cycling through Lancaster/Reading back in my post college (freedom from responsibility) days.

Don't take risks yet regarding the virus, I'm a healthcare professional. This is far from over regardless of what the Federal government administration may say.

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS