Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Hello Im Jorge From Tokyo
Hello Everyone!!
My name is Jorge from Mexico, currently Living in Tokyo and Riding a Trek FX 3 Disc 2019.

I just began riding seriously last year and hope to start racing this year(if covid-19craziness finishes at some point)

Cheers Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello and welcome to Bikeride!

Nice shot. Were you on a bike tour in Japan?
Autobahn
welcome, Jorge! your photo has a pleasant feel and I like the setup on Trek.
how is the situation in Tokyo?
(03-30-2020, 08:26 AM)G_M Wrote:  Hello and welcome to Bikeride!

Nice shot. Were you on a bike tour in Japan?

thanks, I live here in Tokyo, but before the COVID crazyness I took a long trip from Nagoya to Kyoto

(03-30-2020, 05:50 PM)Papa Dom Wrote:  welcome, Jorge! your photo has a pleasant feel and I like the setup on Trek.
how is the situation in Tokyo?

sadly is not getting any better, I think I will have to start riding indoors for a while soon Sad
Hey,
Welcome to the community. I'm looking forward to chatting about the bike life in Japan Smile

Have you seen Abroad in Japan youtube channel? This British guy biked 2000km last year, from Yamagata to Kagoshima.

https://www.abroadinjapan.com/category-journeyacrossjapan
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
Welcome to Bikeride. I needed your bike for my 1/2 North America continent tour when I was a kid, I did 1500 miles back then with my Peugeot; pretty much had everything on my back for months. I am curious as to how weight you were carrying there, and how the handling/stability was as I've never used a "frame" pack before.
I'm a solo rider living in a rural area so not to many people to worry about when on the road. would love to tackle some of the Japanese/East Asian landscape on a bike, but only got as far as the Arabian Peninsula/Persian Gulf areas; it was not that exciting and too hot my unacclimated body.

General Note: I work at a hospital so I recommend following ALL the safety precautions; but the main thing is staying away from others at this point , whether showing signs of illness or not (minimum of 6 feet/2 meters from everyone not showing symptoms, and as far as possible from anyone displaying any respiratory symptoms.

Be Safe out there!
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS