Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Tools for removing disc brake rotors [Solved]
Hi all. Couple more questions from the mountain biking beginner. What tool is the best for unmounting/mounting disc brake rotors? I currently have CUBE ZX20 32H wheelset if that helps. Also how can I fix a very slightly bent rotor? It's not very noticeable but still bothers me with that sound ... squeeks against the pads once in a while.
not enough info, need pics of the hubs would help, your rotor is probably center lock style or bolted style. as far as your warped rotor, It is best to just replace it. Though they make tools to attempt to fix it, in your case dollar wise by the time you buy the tool, attempt it with a high degree of failure and not having the gauge to measure "run out". Cheaper to buy the new rotor. Welcome to owning a bicycle with disc brakes. But if you like you can attempt it using a cresent wrench.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(09-07-2019, 02:41 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  not enough info, need pics of the hubs would help, your rotor is probably center lock style or bolted style. as far as your warped rotor, It is best to just replace it. Though they make tools to attempt to fix it, in your case dollar wise by the time you buy the tool, attempt it with a high degree of failure and not having the gauge to measure "run out". Cheaper to buy the new rotor. Welcome to owning a bicycle with disc brakes. But if you like you can attempt it using a cresent wrench.

Uh yes. I see it's center-lock from Cube Analog 29er specs. That must be the keyword? Thanks. Always worth fixing (or trying) first.
yup, good luck and post back with your results
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(09-08-2019, 09:09 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  yup, good luck and post back with your results

Thanks, will do. I'll alo follow the video from Repair Guides section.

Possibly Related Threads...