Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Can a woman ride this???
Hi.

Ive seen this bike. The seller says its a boys. The frame is 16" which is what I need. However im a girl. So as its a males bike is it not suitable?

[Image: sdikqq.png]

Thanks
81 views and no one knows :/
There are no right or wrong rules. If it is a fit and what you want in a bike then get it. it is a boys 'style" frame, thats all. Now many bikes are touted as "women specific" design. Such as many road bikes and the like. However many men may be well suited to the woman specific geometry and are fit to that bike instead of a normal "mens" frame. To really answer your question is hard with no other information about what type of riding you are wanting to do. the bike you picked says you want to do singletrac riding in the woods. If you are commuting or paved trail riding I would be better suited to a totally different bicycle.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(07-01-2017, 03:10 PM)painkiller Wrote:  There are no right or wrong rules. If it is a fit and what you want in a bike then get it. it is a boys 'style" frame, thats all. Now many bikes are touted as "women specific" design. Such as many road bikes and the like. However many men may be well suited to the woman specific geometry and are fit to that bike instead of a normal "mens" frame. To really answer your question is hard with no other information about what type of riding you are wanting to do. the bike you picked says you want to do singletrac riding in the woods. If you are commuting or paved trail riding I would be better suited to a totally different bicycle.

Thank you for replying hun.
Im totally new to bikes. Laat bike I had was when I was about 13 and Im 35 now! Ive just managed to get a ladies carrera vengeance. Its immulate and got it for £80. Whether its 100% suitable for my needs, probably not because I dont know enough about bikes to have made that accurate decision. Near me there are bike paths that are down the side of rivers, so sort of a little bit muddy, a bit off road but not extreme off road at all. So i will be ridinf on road to get to it and and off road once im on it. Does that make sense?

Thank you
Danielle
yep, makes sense. I prefer the hardtail over a lower end full suspension. Most of mine are rigid steelies and hardtails. For your hardtail find a tire in the 1.5 to 2.0 range with a center flat or ridge with knobbies on the edge. then you will be smooth on the pavement and have grip in the dirt and mud. what ever the bike, it needs to feel "right" when you are on it, to be happy with it and want to ride it often. It is quite common to change some things i.e. seats, stems, bars, grips..etc.. to achieve this comfort. whether the bike is new or used
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(07-01-2017, 03:57 PM)painkiller Wrote:  yep, makes sense. I prefer the hardtail over a lower end full suspension. Most of mine are rigid steelies and hardtails. For your hardtail find a tire in the 1.5 to 2.0 range with a center flat or ridge with knobbies on the edge. then you will be smooth on the pavement and have grip in the dirt and mud. what ever the bike, it needs to feel "right" when you are on it, to be happy with it and want to ride it often. It is quite common to change some things i.e. seats, stems, bars, grips..etc.. to achieve this comfort. whether the bike is new or used

Will my new bike be ok for my needs? Was it a good bargain? Thanks
sounds like a good starter for your needs. nice price if all is good and you enjoy it. You can even equip the bike with a rear rack and pack/trunk to carry things you may need(Like a bottle of wine). mini tool kit, patches, tire levers etc.. some sort of pump to get you home should you need. or a spare tube. An led light for the front and rear. For home use a nice floor/track pump is in order. keep it lubed regular and it should be fine. When washing just keep soap away from the rear axle/cassette, bottom bracket, and headset/headtube areas. so the grease will not get broken down pre maturely.
(07-01-2017, 07:21 PM)painkiller Wrote:  sounds like a good starter for your needs. nice price if all is good and you enjoy it. You can even equip the bike with a rear rack and pack/trunk to carry things you may need(Like a bottle of wine). mini tool kit, patches, tire levers etc.. some sort of pump to get you home should you need. or a spare tube. An led light for the front and rear. For home use a nice floor/track pump is in order. keep it lubed regular and it should be fine. When washing just keep soap away from the rear axle/cassette, bottom bracket, and headset/headtube areas. so the grease will not get broken down pre maturely.

Thank you. Some of that was double dutch to me. Such a newbie!! Haha

Here it is. Its honestly immaculate.

[Image: 29d7rlf.png]
Looks very nice!