Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tires
Some of you here may remember I had some trouble getting them to center on the rims I tried about everything I could think of. Then I order a Park Tool Tire Seater - PTS-1 I will say this is one of these tools you never think you will need but I sure did and it let me get my tire on the center of my rims very easy to use even tho it did cost me a little to buy. But for myself it was well worth the money I spent on it. I see some one here made them self one but I can not make that tool as good as the one I got Park Tools cost but you also get what you pay for too. lol... I was about ready to go get some other kind of tire because I had tried ever thing I could do this was the last try and I am very a happy bike rider now with good tires and a good Surly LHT Bicycle I would hate to tell ever one just how much I really do have in it lol lets just say a lot more than I would have though. So if anyone is thinking about getting a Surly LHT you might want to look at just getting a frame and build it yourself you can save a little in the long run but you better think it over real good and talk to people that has a LHT and see what you might really want on it. Who knows a stock LHT might be good for you but I wanted some of the better parts out here for mine and it will cost you a pretty penny too lol. But I am glad I did it this way so I have learn a lot of stuff about building a touring bike buying a bike and getting the parts are one thing getting it all dial in is another. But will be well worth your time if you will give it a try. And one last thing get yourself a good floor pump for your shop they will pay for them self pretty fast or mine has to me. May we all have a good summer of riding our bikes.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
(04-11-2010, 04:34 PM)Surly LHT Wrote:  And one last thing get yourself a good floor pump for your shop they will pay for them self pretty fast or mine has to me. May we all have a good summer of riding our bikes.

Agreed Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Last Post: nfmisso