Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Bike bags (panniers) for commuting
Hello everyone.
Could you please share - what bicycle bags or panniers do you use for daily rides? I will need one soon Big Grin
(07-20-2019, 07:39 PM)Megster Wrote:  Hello everyone.
Could you please share - what bicycle bags or panniers do you use for daily rides? I will need one soon Big Grin

check out Ortlieb panniers, they are my favourite bicycle bag brand. look good, have various sizes and functions + high quality. i currently have the Ultimate 6 handlebar bag for commuting.
Hey Meg. I set out to find the best pannier that wouldn't tear and could take heavy everyday loads. I couldn't find any great panniers so I made some myself. So many people liked them so I made some to sell. I'll attach some pictures below if you are interested.

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-14-2019, 01:59 PM)Brian Hoffman Wrote:  Hey Meg. I set out to find the best pannier that wouldn't tear and could take heavy everyday loads. I couldn't find any great panniers so I made some myself. So many people liked them so I made some to sell. I'll attach some pictures below if you are interested.

Hey Brian, do you have more photos?
(08-16-2019, 09:07 AM)Megster Wrote:  
(08-14-2019, 01:59 PM)Brian Hoffman Wrote:  Hey Meg. I set out to find the best pannier that wouldn't tear and could take heavy everyday loads. I couldn't find any great panniers so I made some myself. So many people liked them so I made some to sell. I'll attach some pictures below if you are interested.

Yeah you can head over to ebikecargo.com and check some photos I have uploaded!
(08-19-2019, 11:46 AM)Brian Hoffman Wrote:  
(08-16-2019, 09:07 AM)Megster Wrote:  

Yeah you can head over to ebikecargo.com and check some photos I have uploaded!

But these ones are only for ebikes, correct?
(07-22-2019, 06:08 PM)Papa Dom Wrote:  
(07-20-2019, 07:39 PM)Megster Wrote:  Hello everyone.

check out Ortlieb panniers, they are my favourite bicycle bag brand. look good, have various sizes and functions + high quality. i currently have the Ultimate 6 handlebar bag for commuting.

I'm with Dom on this one - Ortlieb is a quality brand. I got a pair of Ortlieb Vario from my parents as a present last fall and it has served me well in my weekend outdoor adventures and everyday uni commute rides.
I use some odd panniers made by Anhaica that are very easily installed and removed from a rack. They have two shoulder straps that are tucked away while mounted on the bike, but when removed the bags can double as backpacks. They are durable, can handle a substantial load both in weight and volume, and are beeswax infused canvas making them fairly waterproof when kept in good condition. Due to their design they don't fit well on my compact racing bikes; best on a touring style bike with longer chainstays to avoid hitting the front of bag with your heels (thankfully I wear 43-44 size shoes, any bigger and there would not be sufficient clearance during pedalling). Unfortunately, the small independent company who made them here in Florida is no longer in business; I got mine used from a college student who sold her bike when moving. I had not mounted them until recently since I wasn't doing any long multiple day rides until recently; just using them as backpacks during pandemic shopping, etc.
I like the velocker units but again not suitable for my bikes.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

12-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: hviz