Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Tour de France 2019 (6-28 July)
(07-15-2019, 06:16 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  How about Thomas + Bernal opening that -1.40 gap against Fuglsang, Pinot, Porte and other on such supposedly relaxing pre rest day?

Ehrm when and how and why did that happen? -> have not had time past days to watch even the highlights :/
(07-16-2019, 10:42 AM)JoJoJo Wrote:  Ehrm when and how and why did that happen? -> have not had time past days to watch even the highlights :/

INEOS split it heavily in crosswinds!
Also a bitter aftertaste for Jumbo (following the sweet victory) because they sent Bennett back to the car for water bottles right before the INEOS attack. He lost like 10min :o
Eheheh, 40 years on and he's still in his green jersey Big Grin

"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
(07-17-2019, 11:16 AM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Eheheh, 40 years on and he's still in his green jersey Big Grin

Oh man I lately see these ageing filters everywhere -> this is a good one tough Big Grin
Could finally manage to watch the stage finish today. Tight one and the smallest guy in the tour got his 1st TdF win right about time for him to perform. Big stage tomorrow!
Hi guys, there's a fun video on what Tour de France riders eat during the lunch of what's in the baggy Smile Done by Global Cycling Network, I really like that channel.
(07-19-2019, 05:24 AM)Nikko Wrote:  Hi guys, there's a fun video on what Tour de France riders eat during the lunch of what's in the baggy Smile Done by Global Cycling Network, I really like that channel.
Rice cakes, yamsu!

Alaphilippe didn't crack on the Tourmalet!
This year's Tour is quite wide open, and I can't remember the last time when this was the case.

Pinot + Kruijswijk also have shown that they can fight for the GC.
(07-20-2019, 07:21 PM)Zviedrs Wrote:  Alaphilippe didn't crack on the Tourmalet!
This year's Tour is quite wide open, and I can't remember the last time when this was the case.

Pinot + Kruijswijk also have shown that they can fight for the GC.

Today we've seen first cracks in Alaphilippe's fort, that's for sure :o Bernal made a move and Pinot is still hanging, I'm slightly clueless of what's gonna happen in the last week.
(07-21-2019, 06:54 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Today we've seen first cracks in Alaphilippe's fort, that's for sure :o Bernal made a move and Pinot is still hanging, I'm slightly clueless of what's gonna happen in the last week.

Bernal stated -> Thomas is still INEOS rider nr1
One of my favorites is out -> Fuglsang hit the tarmac.
Thomas also got involved in a crash so lets see if it will have any impact on him.
(07-23-2019, 05:24 PM)JoJoJo Wrote:  One of my favorites is out -> Fuglsang hit the tarmac.
Thomas also got involved in a crash so lets see if it will have any impact on him.

Yeah, quite nervous stage it was with unnecessary crashes. Quintana also got into a late crash and lost a full minute to the other GC contenders.

Your thoughts, which one will be the decisive stage?
(07-23-2019, 05:28 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Your thoughts, which one will be the decisive stage?

Definitely stage 19. It will be pure uphill ride with 2.770m highest point after 85km and we'll see who has tired legs from the day before, which also includes some solid climbs. Plus, feels like those right behind the yellow jersey in the standings don't want to leave everything until the last mountain stage (20th).

(07-24-2019, 07:56 AM)Zviedrs Wrote:  
(07-23-2019, 05:28 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Your thoughts, which one will be the decisive stage?

Definitely stage 19. It will be pure uphill ride with 2.770m highest point after 85km and we'll see who has tired legs from the day before, which also includes some solid climbs. Plus, feels like those right behind the yellow jersey in the standings don't want to leave everything until the last mountain stage (20th).

Agreed -> completely my thoughts although even today someone can crack under pressure for sure
(07-25-2019, 07:05 AM)JoJoJo Wrote:  Agreed -> completely my thoughts although even today someone can crack under pressure for sure

Yass, it's the stage with the most vertical meters this year, 5215m Big Grin
Arguably the most impressive victory of Quintana's career!
Meanwhile Bernal swiped off additional 30sec from the gap and moved in front of Thomas in GC, today will be decisive Smile
Btw when was the last time Aru won something cause all I can remember about him now is the epic struggle face Big Grin
What did just happen? Haven't seen anything like this before! Sudden hail, trucks trying to clean the road, mudslides, stage stopped and cut half-way, people being furious all over the social media about it because Alaphilippe was not given the chance to cut the gap on descend.

Some cycling profiles stating that the stage is CANCELED on social networks (in the beginning), although it was just stopped. Bernal taking over the yellow ... what a day, so confused! Big Grin

And on the top of it all, Pinot DNF with a knee injury.
(07-26-2019, 02:49 PM)Zviedrs Wrote:  What did just happen? Haven't seen anything like this before! Sudden hail, trucks trying to clean the road, mudslides, stage stopped and cut half-way, people being furious all over the social media about it because Alaphilippe was not given the chance to cut the gap on descend.

Some cycling profiles stating that the stage is CANCELED on social networks (in the beginning), although it was just stopped. Bernal taking over the yellow ... what a day, so confused! Big Grin

And on the top of it all, Pinot DNF with a knee injury.

Yesterday was nuts!! Big Grin
Today's stage also cut in half & only have to do 58km ... I feel bitter taste after such crazy 2 1/2 weeks of racing.
(07-27-2019, 10:13 AM)Sagan97 Wrote:  Yesterday was nuts!! Big Grin
Today's stage also cut in half & only have to do 58km ... I feel bitter taste after such crazy 2 1/2 weeks of racing.

Alaphilippe is still dropping spots in GC one-by-one. Nibali aiming for the stage win, but I'd bet on Yates. There's no way Bernal is loosing this in GC Smile
Happy to see Nibali winning after such relatively disappointing season. Just now looking back at the pre-race predictions I expected Ineos to have to riders in GC top 3, but Bernal over Thomas? Was sure that the experience will play huge role, but guess the colombian's talent went all over those doubts. Just 22 and shining career ahead. Third youngest Tour de France winner ever..
Looking back at the predictions. We all had Sagan & Bernal right for green and white jerseys Big Grin

@"JoJoJo" was the only one who believed in Bernal's general classification, thumbs up. He had a blast this season with great results, but TdF is a completely different league, so I'm still surprised about him. @"JoJoJo" was again the closest one with KOM and Landa's 10th place. @"Zviedrs" KOM choice Alaphilippe surprised everyone in quite some fashion!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-29-2023, 08:39 PM
Last Post: ichitan

09-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Papa Dom

11-01-2019, 11:48 AM