Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Murray Street Baja
Hey all here is my commuter work bicycle! It is a Murray Street Baja. Ugly looking critter but I must say rides well! When I need the speed even though the frame is steel tubing the gear ratio is there for a 10 spd. I'm not sure on this but I do believe it was intended to be a Street/Offroad type of bike when they made it. I stripped it down repainted cleaned up the parts etc. I really like riding it. Well here it is....
Yes that's good ole Zadey lol in the background.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Nice bike Bill, can I be nosey and ask what tires you use? And is the sprocket guard standard on that make of bike or after markets add on?
Yea be as mosey as ya want lol. The tires are Kenda Z53 2.10 x 1.5! The crank guard actually came with these bikes when they were marketed!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Ok I do stand corrected on the size to which I am sorry. They are 2.10 x 1.75 and here is the exact link I purchased them from.... http://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Bicycle-Gumwall-26-Inch-1-75-Inch/dp/B002DWZD2I/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306548359&sr=8-2-fkmr1
Also here are a couple pictures.

P.S. I meant "nosey" not mosey lol.
Thanks Bill for the reply, have seen a set of Kenda Kwest rigid tires that I am going to get and try on my commuter.
(05-28-2011, 02:58 AM)doctordee Wrote:  Thanks Bill for the reply, have seen a set of Kenda Kwest rigid tires that I am going to get and try on my commuter.

I just looked those up! Nice tires for commuting! I kept mine close to original because I need a little traction for the small part I go off road.
MAN I know I was tired when I posted the tire size sheeese! The CORRECT tire size is 26 x 1.75 lmao!!! I'll add that it is a 10 spd, 26" (obviously lol), the saddle bags and rear rat trap rack are by schwinn. Other then that computer I use is Bell F-20, lighting system is Schwinn Solar front and rear lights. (By the way if someone is trying to sell them for more then 14.00 it is WAY too much. )
Well I figured I would update this. Today I put the Innova Winter Tread Spiked Tires ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CK2IXY/ ) from last winter and pretty much getting ready for winter to actually soon. The shifter/brake cables were replaced with new ones. Brake pads were still soft rubber so I left them alone. Tomorrow it get put back together and give it a test ride. Have to wait for snow for the tires though Tongue .